Thursday, October 27, 2016

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown: Easy, Affordable Trunk or Treat Idea

We love Halloween, so when fliers came home from daycare about Trunk or Treating, we were all about it! However, as I started digging for ideas for decorating our trunk, I started to get discouraged.  I came to the realization that you either need a degree in theater or be an aspiring Hollywood set designer to properly decorate for a Trunk or Treat. 

I didn't have the time, money or energy to pull that off, leaving me to come up with an idea on my own. I found an example of It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown that I was able to simplify to my budget and ability!

Here is what you need:
3 yards of burlap - $12
Peanuts Classroom Decorating Kit - $6.19
Safety pins and string to attach Peanuts characters to the burlap
Pumpkins - Ours were free from our garden, but we did use smaller pumpkins that you could get for just a few dollars from a pumpkin patch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...