Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house from my husband's extended family this year. I was a little concerned about my turkey making abilities, so I wanted to make sure I had something to keep the kids busy if it took a little longer than expected to cook the turkey, so I created a scavenger hunt.

As things turned out, I was freaking out that morning because the turkey was done early - two hours early! Visions of the National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation turkey flashed in my head. My husband stepped in, told me to calm down and thankfully the turkey was acceptable.

Due to my miscalculations on turkey cooking, the scavenger hunt took place after the Thanksgiving meal.


Part of the scavenger hunt included coloring a turkey coloring sheet, so I also put together a little "coloring station" buy putting colors, colored pencils and markers together in a basket.  


After completing the hunt, everyone got a prize bag with stickers, chocolates, cereal bar and hot chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...