It took me about 5 minutes to make and cost less than $5.
- Clear plastic ball ornament
- Epsom salts
- Small figurines (I used buttons)
- Card stock paper
- Remove the top of the ornament, and place your figurines in the ornament.
- Fill the ornament with epsom salt, leaving about a 1/2 inch of room on the top of the ornament.
- Using a hot glue gun, ring the top of the ornament with glue and put the top back on, pressing on the top to make sure the glue holds.
- Make a tag listing the items in your ornament and attach to the ornament with a ribbon.
Alright, here are a few mistakes I made. This ornament is too heavy to actually hang on a tree, but it is still a fun Christmas game. I thought I'd try making it lighter by using styrofoam fake snow from the craft store. The styrofoam was full of static and would cling to the figurines, making it impossible to get them uncovered and found.
Sorry for the long delay in posts. I hope to start posting regularly again!