We're moving pretty slow, mainly because I have a hard time making up my mind about what I want to do in each room, but low and behold, we finally finished up our bathroom.
What you can't see in the photos, but was probably the worst part of the old design was the wallpaper. But this wasn't your average wallpaper; it was textured. The texture was similar to a corn husk. Here is a sample:
Creamy white is kind of a boring paint color, but because the existing tile is green (and there is quite a bit of it), I wanted to keep the top plain and simple. I was afraid that if I went with a color it might be too much.
Most of the decor came from storage. For example, on this shelf includes an old candle jar, two jars and an old vase covered with a tuna can.
Yes, I said a tuna can. I washed it out really well, covered the bottom with scrapbook paper and attached an old cabinet knob with super glue.
My favorite project of the makeover was the framed wall vase.
I originally got the idea from Pinterest.
Here is how I made mine:
I purchase a frame, flowers and a glass milk jar, and I removed the hardware from the milk jar.
I remove the glass portion of the top and put the metal ring back on the milk jar.
Next, I arranged the flowers in the jar.
Following that, I hung the frame as well as the hook the vase would hang on.
I then took the metal ring from the top and hung it from the hook on the wall.
And just like that, I was done. I think it took less than 20 minutes.
Now that I'm done sharing, I'm off to the hardware store to get paint for our next project - a very plain bedroom!