Friday, July 6, 2012

Raspberry Freezer Jam

I remember coming home from college for the first time and sitting at the kitchen table at midnight downing slices of bread topped with rhubarb strawberry freezer jam. I'd always loved my mom's rhubarb freezer jam. With my never-ending supply of raspberries, I thought I'd try using the recipe for raspberry jam, and it worked!

I had to reduce how long I let the berries set with the sugar, but that was the only adaption I had to make.

Photobucket

Raspberry Freezer Jam
5 cups smashed raspberries
 3 cups sugar
3 oz. box raspberry gelatin

Mix raspberries and sugar, let set for 1/2 hour. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once you reach a constant boil, let boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin. Spoon into plastic containers (peanut butter jars work great). Let cool before putting the top on. Keep one in the refrigerator for topping toast, biscuits, etc. and store the rest in the freezer.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...