Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Life with You is a Blast Gift

When Blake and I started dating, I would often give him cheesy gifts. One of the things I loved about him in the early days was that I was comfortable enough with him to give him cheesy gifts and that he always recognized the effort I put into them.

In more recent years, the amount of effort I put into his gifts has slowly declined. For his birthday, I told him I'd buy him a recliner. The gift required no creativity or effort, and we STILL don't have a recliner for him ... his birthday was in March.

I decided that I needed to get back to my cheesy, flirty gifts. I started with a little gift for the 4th of July.

Blake is a fan of explosives; no surprise to anyone who knows him. I picked up a few fireworks from the grocery store parking lot last night and attached a tag that reads, "Life with you is a blast."

They are not the "good" fireworks he goes across the state line to purchase, but he was excited about them nevertheless.

Photobucket 

Photobucket Photobucket 

I once made a similar gift for my friend Evan. For her version, I swapped out the fireworks for candy.

 
Happy 4th of July!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...