Saturday, July 14, 2012

Banana Brownies

I buy bananas almost every week when I go grocery shopping, and inevitably one of them gets a little too ripe before I have a chance to eat it. I put it in the freezer for later use, but the other night, I opened my freezer and noticed that I had gathered a rather large collection of over-ripe bananas. I made a couple of batches of banana bread and STILL had bananas left over. I decided to use bananas in place of zucchini in my mom's zucchini brownie recipe. It turned out great!

Photobucket

Banana Brownies
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 cups mashed bananas (I used four medium-sized bananas)
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside and in a different bowl, combine sugar, oil, bananas and vanilla. Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture an still until well combined. Coat a 9x13" cake pan with cooking spray before adding the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool.

Chocolate Frosting
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup marshmallows
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Place sugar, milk and butter in a sauce pan, bring to a boil and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and add marshmallows and chocolate chips. Stir until dissolved. Cool the mixture completely and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Spread on brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...