Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Pops Challenge: Piña Colada Pops

I'm traveling for work this week and a little worried about what Blake and Ferbie are doing at home. If were to guess, the house is probably a disaster, the Xbox has been getting a good workout and macaroni and cheese with hot dogs has been the entree of choice.

Before I headed off to Chicago, I quick made, and sampled, a pudding pop for the week. I originally found piña colada pops on Our Best Bites - best cooking blog ever! I didn't have coconut milk, but I did have some piña colada mix in the fridge that needed to be used up. So far, this has been my favorite pop in the first month of the summer pops challenge!

Photobucket


Piña colada pops 
(adopted from Our Best Bites)
1 1/2 cups non-alcoholic piña colada mix
1/2 Tbsp. key lime juice
1 small instant coconut cream pudding mix
13 oz can crushed pineapple (I actually used pineapple pieces and just blended it a little longer)
1/3 cup coconut

Pour the non-alcoholic piña colada mix and key lime juice into a blender. Add the pudding mix and blend on low speed until smooth. Add pineapple and blend until mixed in. Add coconut and pulse the blender a couple of times. Pour into molds and freeze.

Another favorite part of the first month of summer is the amazing lilies blooming in our backyard.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...