Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer Ice Pops Challenge: Dirty Coconut Pirate

This summer, I created a summer ice pop challenge for myself. Each week I'm going to try a new ice pop recipe and report back to you with feedback from Blake and I.

Photobucket  

The first ice pop we tried was a Dirty Pirate, found on Pinterest.



The recipe originally came from Endless Simmer, but due to my love of all things coconut, I swapped out spiced rum with coconut rum.

Photobucket Photobucket

Dirty Coconut Pirate
2 cups Coke
1/3 cup coconut rum
1/3 cup Kahlua

Flat soda works best for ice pops, so open your Coke and let it sit in the fridge for an hour or two. Combine with the rum and Kahlua. Fill your ice pop molds and freeze.

I was worried that these might not freeze because of the alcohol, but they did! It took a little while and they are not as solid as most ice pops. But, they stay together just fine while eating them.

I ate the first one on a night when I was in the mood for a fruity ice pop and it didn't hit the spot, but I also tried one of Friday night when I was in the mood for a sweet drink and it was delicious. These would make a great treat for a summer party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...