Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Three Ways to Take Exercise Classes at Home for FREE

Did you know that May is National Fitness Month? I used to be pretty consistent with my exercise routine, then my final semester of graduate school started off a two-year string of excuses that ranged from planning my wedding and getting a new job to moving and shopping for a new house. I'm finally getting back into the exercise groove. After being out of the gym for so long, I was rather self conscious about returning, so I started out at home, and I thought I'd share three options that helped me benefit from exercise classes at home.

  1. Library
    Most local libraries have several exercise videos for you to check out.

  2. Hulu
    Hulu has tons of exercise videos, including everything from short toning videos to full cardio sessions. There are a few commercials thrown in, but I find that they are a nice chance to grab a drink of water. Here are a couple of examples:




  3. Apps
    Many companies offer free, or very affordable apps for your mobile device with exercise routines. A free options that I really like is Nike Training Club. There workouts pack a lot of punch into a small amount time and combine cardio and toning. They even work in a reward system! Here is an overview video:

Now, if I can get my eating habits into shape, I might start to actually lose some weight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...