Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ice Cream Tostadas

PhotobucketI'm rounding out my week of Cinco de Mayo ideas with dessert! I created these ice cream tostadas when Blake and I had my family over for a thank you dinner for helping us with the wedding, multiple moves, providing housing between moves, etc.

I topped mine with fruit salsa, but you could use carmel, chocolate sauce, coconut, whipped topping, crushed candy, chocolate chips, nut, sprikles - you get the idea. The cookie part of this recipe has honey in it, so I'm not sure it would pair so well with mint-flavored items. But beyond that, the sky is the limit!


Ice Cream Tostadas
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Ice cream
Toppings (I used Fruit Salsa)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and grease the foil. Beat brown sugar, butter, honey and flour until smooth. Drop a spoonful (about a tablespoon) of batter on the cookie sheet and spread it into a 3-inch circle with the back of a spoon or spatula. Bake cookies for 5 to 6 minutes. Allow to cook.

Place a large scoop of ice cream on the cookie and top with fruit salsa or topping of your choice.

1 comment:

  1. I came for the meth, I stayed for the Ice Cream Tostadas

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...