Monday, May 28, 2012

Framed Wall Vase Tutorial + Bathroom Makeover

Although our new home is in excellent shape, the previous owners and I have slightly different ideas on decor. Blake and I don't want any major remodeling just a slightly different direction with the decor. I would compare the plans for our to getting a makeovers opposed to plastic surgery.

We're moving pretty slow, mainly because I have a hard time making up my mind about what I want to do in each room, but low and behold, we finally finished up our bathroom. 

Photobucket
BEFORE
Photobucket
AFTER
Photobucket
BEFORE
Photobucket
AFTER

What you can't see in the photos, but was probably the worst part of the old design was the wallpaper.  But this wasn't your average wallpaper; it was textured. The texture was similar to a corn husk. Here is a sample:


Creamy white is kind of a boring paint color, but because the existing tile is green (and there is quite a bit of it), I wanted to keep the top plain and simple. I was afraid that if I went with a color it might be too much.

Most of the decor came from storage. For example, on this shelf includes an old candle jar, two jars and an old vase covered with a tuna can.


Yes, I said a tuna can. I washed it out really well, covered the bottom with scrapbook paper and attached an old cabinet knob with super glue.


My favorite project of the makeover was the framed wall vase.

Photobucket


I originally got the idea from Pinterest.



Here is how I made mine:

I purchase a frame, flowers and a glass milk jar, and I removed the hardware from the milk jar.


I remove the glass portion of the top and put the metal ring back on the milk jar.

Next, I arranged the flowers in the jar.

Following that, I hung the frame as well as the hook the vase would hang on.


I then took the metal ring from the top and hung it from the hook on the wall.


And just like that, I was done. I think it took less than 20 minutes.

Now that I'm done sharing, I'm off to the hardware store to get paint for our next project - a very plain bedroom! 
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. The lighting above the vanity mirror contributes a warm ambiance to the bathroom. It is essential, especially when doing your beauty regimen, so that you can clearly see yourself in the mirror. Usually, a bulb light that faces downward is the common type that is used in bathrooms, but these lights are certainly more useful. Anyway, your hard work has certainly paid off, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re bathroom looks much better, Jessie! It’s so artistic of you to create your own DIY framed wall vase. I like your design compared to what you got from Pinterest. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s best to renovate your bathroom once in a while to give it a refreshing appearance, but remember to stick to your budget, and make sure to come up with your ideal concept in mind; just like what you did with yours, Jessie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...