Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mock Mashed Potatoes Made with Cauliflower

I've seen several recipes for mock mashed potatoes lately, and to be honest, I was skeptical. But I was feeling adventurous today so I gave it a try. I'm surprised to say that it was pretty good and based on my calculations half the calories you can expect from mashed potatoes with the additional benefits of cauliflower.

Photobucket 

Here is my take on all of the recipes I found.

Mock Mashed Potatoes
1 1/2 cup water
Dash of salt
1 head of cauliflower
1/3 cup skim milk
1/3 cup light sour cream
1/3 cup light ranch dressing
Parsley

Pour water into a large sauce pan and add a dash of salt. Bring to a boil and add cauliflower. Boil for about 15 to 20 minutes. You want it to be a little mushier than if you were just going to eat it as is. Drain the cauliflower and put into a food processor with the milk, sour cream and ranch dressing. Blend until you reach the consistency of mashed potatoes. Top with parsley before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Ive always wanted to try this! Thanx for posting! Im also your newest follower! You can follow back at: tristascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...