Saturday, March 3, 2012

M&M (or Chocolate Chip) Cookie Bars

Cookie bars were a favorite of mine growing up. My mom usually used chocolate chips in her bars, but I was making these for a gift and wanted something more colorful. They are equally delicious either way. Speaking of delicious, I think these are better than their comparable cookies and they are easier to make - instead of spooning three dozen cookies onto a sheet, you just have to plop the dough into a pan and you only have to prevent one batch from getting a little over done.

Photobucket


Cookie Bars
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups M&Ms or chocolate chips

Cream together butter and sugars. Mix in vanilla and eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt, and add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Fold in M&Ms or chocolate chips. Spread the batter in a greased 9x13 cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Let cool and enjoy with a glass of milk!

Photobucket

Well, I gotta go take care of my husband. His bad back is acting up causing him to walk crooked. It is actually really funny looking, but I try to keep from laughing because I know he's in a lot of pain. Poor guy.

This post is linked here:

 Organizing Junkie

1 comment:

  1. Hi- I found your blog through pinterest. You have some really cute ideas here!

    I tried to make these but when I cut into them they were super gooey. I tried putting them back in the oven (and therefore cooking them longer than 25 minutes) but they never firmed up. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...