Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Moo-Shu Chicken Wraps

I had some tortillas left over from taco night last week, but I wasn't really in the mood for a taco-themed dinner tonight. I also had some shredded coleslaw mix I needed to use up. Tortillas and coleslaw - not two things that are easy to combine. But, flipping through my recipes, I found a few that I thought I could intertwine.

Lucky me, it turned out great! Blake liked it, and he has the taste buds of your average four year old. So, I think it's safe to say, your kids would like it. Unfortunately, the lighting in my kitchen leaves a little something to be desired, so the photo doesn't do it justice.

Photobucket

Moo-shu chicken wraps
Despite the long list of ingredients, this is really an easy and quick recipe!
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1 bag shredded coleslaw mix
2 cups shredded carrots (I had this to the carrots already in the coleslaw mix)
3 cups shredded, cooked boneless chicken breast
10 flour tortillas
1/4 cups chopped peanuts

Sauce
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. white vinegar
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. sesame oil
Dash of black pepper

Warm up 1 Tbsp. sesame oil in a skillet. Add the coleslaw mix and carrots and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Photobucket


While the coleslaw is cooking, make your sauce. Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a small sauce pan and warm over low to medium heat (it what number 4 on my stove dial), stirring occasionally until the peanut butter is thoroughly mixed in.

Add the sauce and chicken to the skillet. Stir to coat the chicken and coleslaw with the sauce and heat until chicken is heated through. Spoon the mixture onto a tortilla, top with peanuts and enjoy!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...