Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ribbon and Bead Necklace

I'm less than a week away from my 30th birthday, and trying to come up with a clever treat to bring to work on birthday. The only thing I could find was a bouquet of suckers with a tag reading, "30 Sucks." But, I'm looking forward to my 30s, so I'm instead leaning toward bringing a collection of 80s snacks

Speaking of birthdays, my friend Melissa is celebrating her's tomorrow. I usually sew her something in honor of our shared nostalgia over sewing 4-H projects. With my sewing machine hiding behind a mountain of boxes I have in storage. I had to find an alternative this year. I decided to go with a beads and ribbon necklace.

Photobucket

These are really easy to make. You just need a needle, embroidery thread, ribbon and beads.


Photobucket

My other ribbon and beads necklace just wrapped the ribbon differently around the beads. The purple one was slightly easier. With the green necklace, making sure that the length of ribbon between each bead is equal was a little harder than with the purple one.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! I'm totally doing this as gifts for my friends. And you're totally going to rock your 30s. Happy Belated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and so easy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...