Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wedding Decor Week: Family Tree

I've had a few questions about my wedding decorations, so this week I'm going to tell you all about them. I'll have a post each day with something and wrap the week with some of the ways I saved money on my decorations.

First up is the family tree.


I wanted a way to display family photos and photos of us growing up. I briefly considered doing a slide show, but quite frankly, I was too lazy to scan in all of those old photos, find music, line up someone to bring a computer, etc.

I came up with the idea of a family tree, and it turned out to be a great alternative. I chopped a couple of branches off a tree in my parent's backyard. I used plaster of Paris to get them to stand in the bucket and covered it with some moss. I also used double-stick table to put the photos on each side of a piece of scrapbook paper, so I could easily take them off when the wedding was over. Next, I tied twine string to each photo and hung them on the tree.

Finally, I tied on the following saying:

Photobucket

I got the bucket from a friend, so the total cost of this was about $5, and outside of waiting for the plaster to dry, it took about an hour to make.

There was an additional benefit that I didn't even think of until someone else mentioned it to me after the wedding. Unlike a slide show, people could look at when they wanted for as long as they wanted.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...