Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

The pumpkin mousse I made on Saturday didn't use an entire can of pumpkin. I was looking for something to make with the remaining puree when I came across a recipe for pumpkin oatmeal cookies in my mom's recipe box. They turned out better than I expected!

Photobucket  

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup cinnamon chips

Soften butter and combine with oil and sugars. Add pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla and combine. Mix together oatmeal, flour, salt and baking soda and combine with pumpkin mixture. Fold in cinnamon chips and place teaspoons of dough on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown (about 15 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...