I secretly want to be Maratha Stewart (only nicer and without a stint in jail). Well, it might not be so secret as I've mentioned it on here several times before. Either way, I like to replicate her ideas. (Along with Pioneer Woman's ideas, the girls from Our Best Bites, and others with an enviable amount of talent). But, this is an idea that I came up with all on my own! No replication, so I'm particularily excited to share it.
It's a little solution I came up with to keep table cloths from flapping in the wind. I know this looks great on movies and in advertisements, but when you're trying to serve food and the corner of your table keeps landing in the red jello or pudding-based dessert, it losses its nestalgic appeal in a hurry!
These are a really fun and cheap solution. All you need is:
3. Scrapbook paper
4. Gloss glaze (Also called diamond clear finish)
5. Mod Podge
And, here are the steps for making them:
1. Trace the washers on your scrapbook paper.
2. Cut out the shapes out of the paper.
3. Use Mod Podge to put the scrapbook paper onto the washers.
4. Let dry.
5. Cover the side of the washer with the paper with your gloss glaze.
6. Let dry and add another coat of gloss glaze if necessary.
7. Attach to your table cloth by putting the washer on one side of the fabric and holding it in place with the magnet on the other side of the fabric.
This post is linked here: