Saturday, July 16, 2011

Housewarming Card and Gift Wrap

Photobucket

As you may have gathered from the previous post, I'm putting together a housewarming gift for a friend. I also found a great idea for a card when looking around Pinterest and other blogs. Karen from Sew Many Ways... sewed together two paint chips to make a pouch to hold silverware. I thought this would be a great thing to use for a housewarming gift card.

I sewed together two paint chip cards, wrote my message on a note card, attached a string and put the card into the paint chip pouch. Cute, creative and FREE!
Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

When I saw the empty paint cans when getting the paint chips for the card, I thought it would the perfect way to "wrap" the gift. I stuffed in all of the housewarming goodies and tied the paint chip card to the handle. It was a pretty affordable option and much easier than wrestling with wrapping paper!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This post is linked here:
UndertheTableandDreaming

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant, I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's all inside the tin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magnetic clips , picture frame, cleaning wipes, coasters and dish scrubbies.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...