Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dessert Pizza on the Grill

As I posted earlier, my family and I made pizzas in the mud oven last week. I took on the charge of making some dessert options. While we made these in the mud oven, you could easily make them on the grill. I made two options - apple and Nutella with bananas.

Apple Pizza
Photobucket
Okay, it doesn't get much easier than this. All you do is spread pie filling (I used apple, but you could use cherry or blueberry) on your pizza dough. Combine a package of yellow cake mix with water until it gets crumbly (I suggest starting with 1/4 cup of water and slowly add more as necessary). Sprinkle the cake mix over the pie filling (My pizza were small, so I only used 1/2 a pack of cake mix). That's it. Stick it on the grill until the cake mix topping is golden brown. If you have a think crust, I would recommend pre-cooking your crust before adding the toppings.

Nutella and Banana Pizza
Photobucket

Again, if using a thick crust, pre-cook it. Then, spread Nutella over the crust and top with sliced bananas, shredded coconut and white chocolate chips. Warm in the grill until the coconut is toasted. This option turned out even better than I thought it would. It was awesome!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...