Monday, June 6, 2011

Microwave Enchiladas

When Mother Nature turns up the heat, I'm revert to my days at Dakota Electric trying to convince people to save energy, especially on hot days when air conditioners labor to keep us all cool. Doing what you can to save energy on days like today reduces your electricity bill and helps keep the future energy costs to a minimum. One easy way to save energy is to avoid your oven and opt to use your grill, slow cooker or microwave to make meals.

Preparing a meal in a microwave uses two-thirds less energy than an oven. More importantly, using your oven heats up your home, making your air conditioner work harder. So, this week I'm sharing some recipes that will help everyone save energy without sacrificing a good meal. First up is chicken enchiladas.

Photobucket

Chicken Enchiladas
1/2 (14 oz) can of stewed tomatoes
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 cans chunk chicken
Tortillas
2 cups taco blend shredded cheese
Ranch dressing
Taco sauce

Drain the tomatoes and mix with garlic, chili, cocoa and cinnamon. Cook uncovered on high for 2 minutes. While the tomatoes are cooking, drain the chicken and break it up with a fork. Add chicken to tomatoes, mix, cover and cook on high for 3 minutes.

Place chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla, sprinkle each with cheese, roll up tortilla and place in a microwavable baking dish. Cover and cook on high for 1 minute.

Top with ranch dressing and taco sauce. Serve with lettuce and tomatoes.

This post is linked here:
Organizing Junkie Sumo's Sweet Stuff Tip Junkie handmade projects Todays Creative Blog 

2 comments:

  1. yum! looks great! I found your blog through a link party and i LOVE it! I love to make new blogging friends! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE enchiladas! So yummy. try putting some black beans in there. I never thought of that and my sister made the suggestion and now I NEVER make enchiladas without them! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...