Sunday, May 8, 2011

T-Shirt Designed with Wine Cork

This week I'm doing a three-post series on t-shirts I decorated using kitchen supplies. Up first is a shirt with cherries made using an old wine cork.

Photobucket

PhotobucketWhat You Need
  • Wine cork 
  • Fabric paint
  • Paint brush
  • Paper plate 
  • T-shirt
  • Paper towel
  • Cardboard (I use old cereal boxes)





Getting Started
Start by washing your t-shirt and place a piece of cardboard under the area you are painting.

Photobucket


Up Next
Squirt paint onto a paper plate, dip the end of the cork into the paint and remove excess paint on a paper towel.

PhotobucketPhotobucket




Making the Mark
Place the cork onto the shirt. I went over the same place a three or four times until the fabric in that area was completely covered.

PhotobucketPhotobucket



Finishing touches
After the cherries are complete, hand paint the stems.

Photobucket

This posted is linked here:
  UndertheTableandDreaming Sumo Sweet Stuff Keeping It Simple 

1 comment:

  1. Jessie - Super cute idea and perfect to get the little ones involved! I have so many saved corks and now I have something to use them for! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today. Hope the rest of your week is wonderful~ Stephanie Lynn
    www.bystephanielynn.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...