Sunday, May 1, 2011

Get Your Free Credit Report

I've accessed my free credit report each year for that past couple of years and today, my iCal reminder popped up to access my report.

Since the free credit report program started, many companies have started offering services that require fees to access your report, but the companies pitch the services as the free credit report site offered by the Federal Trade Commission. So, when I went to get my report today, it took me a while to remember the right site.

When I finally got to the Federal Trade Commission site, I found the video below. Cheesy, yes. But, hopefully it will help me remember where to go next year! And, if you haven't been getting your report, I would strongly suggest it. It's a great opportunity to catch signs of identity theft or reporting mistakes made by your bank that may impact your credit score.

If you're not comfortable doing it online, you can also access a copy of your credit report by calling 1-877-322-8228 or mailing in a request form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...