Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Root Beer Birthday

A special someone recently turned 30.

Photobucket

We had a pretty simple get together with friends and family the weekend prior to his birthday.

On the actual day of Blake's birthday, I wanted to make something special. Blake loves root beer, so I found a couple of ways to work that into his celebration.

First, there was the 30-bottle root beer sampler pack that I put together.

Photobucket

Then, I actually found a way to use root beer in the main course!

Photobucket

Root Beer BBQ
2 lbs. pork loin
1 20 oz. bottle of root beer
1 bottle honey BBQ sauce

Place the pork and root beer in a crock pot. Cook on low heat for 8 hours. Remove the pork from the crock pot, shred it and cover with BBQ sauce.

This post linked here:

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Sounds great. With three ingredients, even I could make this.
    Kudos on the creativity!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...