Monday, January 3, 2011

4 Ways to Use Old Calendars

Photobucket

Okay, so your calendar may not have turned you into an ultra-organized multitasker, but it probably wasn't a complete waste. Maybe its jokes made you smile, or perhaps it served as the only cheerfully colored accessory in your normally drab work cubical. So, instead of just simply tossing it in the trash, here are some ways to give your 2010 calendar another chance.

1. Wrapping paper: Use the colorful pages to wrap small gifts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2. Decorate canisters: A calendar page took an old Cheetos canister I had from this:

Photobucket

To this:
Photobucket

3. Envelopes: This is a great idea if you plan to give money or a gift card as a gift. I simply unfolded an envelope I already had, traced it out on a calendar page and assembled.

Photobucket

Photobucket

4. Puzzle: A great way to add some color and fun to the otherwise colorless, boring winter months! I cut my calendar page to 8.5x11, attached it to a piece of card stock paper and clipped it into pieces.

Photobucket

This posted has appeared here:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm going to look for old used calendars. Half price in stores is a good source. Love each idea! Thanks for the ideas. I'm 75 and these are some of the things that keep me young in spirit. Always like to try something new. Have you looked at the 100+ ways to recycle old magazines? Fabulous! Like baskets and boxes? Keep on creating!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...