Thursday, October 14, 2010

9 Things That Have Kept Me From Posting

Life has been busy. Good, fun busy, but busy. So, if I haven't returned your phone call or replied to your e-mail, here are my excuses.

1. First, I got together with my former co-worker Linda for dinner last week. We could routinely fill hours each week talking, so imagine how much we had to say after a month.

2. Last Friday, Blake decided to have a camp fire with his classmates, and we didn't get to bed until 3 a.m.! Actually, I'm kind of impressed considering we're almost 30.

3. Then, I did engagement pictures for Jared and Christie on Saturday. I squirm with delight when people ask me to do their photos. I spent Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night color correcting, which was a good excuse to do something I enjoy. Below are some images.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4. Ben and Peggy were in town last weekend. So after photos, my brothers and I all gathered along with our significant others for dinner.

5. By Tuesday night, I felt like I was neglecting Blake, so I made him pumpkin whoopie pies with maple frosting. I didn't get a picture, but if you like pumpkin, I strongly suggest heading over to the Brown Eyed Baker for the recipe. Here's a picture of Blake's cat getting into the Halloween spirit while I was dropping off the cookies:

Photobucket

6. After I delivered Blake his whoopie pies on Wednesday, I went to a class about saints, which was actually really interesting. For example, I learned that the expression, "devil's advocate" comes from the saint evaluation process.

7. Tonight Megan invited me to stop by for dinner, and I'm not about to turn down tacos.

8. I'm starting to get back to my groove in terms of work. It feels great but it also means that work is creeping into my free time as I edit things during my bus ride or brainstorm while I'm supposed to be doing something else. Speaking of work, here's the basked I put together for the United Way silent auction. Great thing about a new job is that you can use all of the silent auction ideas you got from your old job! I reused the apple basket: apples from the orchard, apple wine, apple butter, caramels, caramel dip and apple pancake mix.

Photobucket

9. I've also been getting ready for a trip to Washington D.C. with my mom. So far, all I've done is made sure that we are cleared for security for our White House tour. Hopefully tomorrow night I'm in the mood for laundry and packing because we fly out Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...