Wednesday, August 18, 2010

When Life Gives You Raisin Bran...

you make granola bars! On one of my more recent (though short-lived) health kicks, I bought a box of Raisin Bran. After being passed over for Honey Nut Cheerios, Honey Bunch of Oats and other sugary goodness, the box was nearing the end of its useful life. Being my mother's daughter, I didn't want to waste it, and at this point it was obvious that I didn't want to eat it. So, I added some sugar and honey, and called them granola bars. They are actually rather delicious!

Raisin Bran Granola Bars

Photobucket

6 cups crushed Raisin Bran
2 beaten eggs
2/3 cup honey
2/3 vegetable oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar

Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, honey, oil and brown sugar. Pour in Raisin Bran and mix until coated. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool, remove from foil and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...