Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New Job, New Necklace

First, some great news. In late July, Mayo Clinic offered me a job. And, what communicator would not be thrilled to get paid to write about the miracles happening at Mayo and to work with a brilliant communications staff? As icing on the cake, this job brings me one step closer to living near my family and Blake. While I'll definitely miss my current job and am grateful for all of the guidance and support from my current co-workers, I'm very excited to start my new adventure at the end of the month!

Moving on to the necklace
Photobucket

Blake and I have a wedding coming up in a few weeks, and I was looking for some new accessories to go with my wore-it-a-million-times black dress. I found this great necklace tutorial from Random Thoughts of a SUPERMOM. It was easy to make and cheap! For only $6 I'm adding a little something different to standard wedding attire.

Here's a close-up of my necklace, and make sure you stop by Kelli's blog to check out her creations (she did a bracelet too) as well as a great step-by-step tutorial!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Your necklace turned out so cute! I love the beads you used! I also wear my necklace with my black dress...it also looks great with jeans and a casual shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Super adorable, best bday gift ever ;-) Much thanks...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...