Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Crabbiness, Chocolate, Crafts and Cooking

Last week I took my car in for what I thought was a quick maintenance visit, and I ended up leaving with a $1,000 repair bill. Needless to say, I was crabby. Thankfully, I have awesome friends, and when I drove up to my house, there was a box sitting on my doorstep from a chocolate company. My friend Katie had sent me chocolate covered fruit to congratulate me on my new job, and her timing could not have been better!

Photobucket


I decided to ride the good-mood-tide and scrapped my to-do list for some crafting and cooking instead. I found Martha Stewart's recipe for Frozen Melon-Margarita Pops earlier in the week and thought it was the perfect treat for the extremely hot weather. However, I didn't have Grand Marnier, so I had to improvise and mine ended up more like Frozen Melon Sex-on-the-Beach Pops.

Frozen Melon Pops
Photobucket

3/4 cups tequila
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup grenadine
1/2 cup lime juice
18 watermelon slices

Stir together the first four ingredients, then let the melon soak in the mixture for 15 minutes. Place sticks in the melon wedges and freeze.

When I finished up with that, I made a washer necklace. I still have to take pictures, so I'll post that later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...