Friday, July 10, 2009

National Ice Cream Day Creations

July 19 is National Ice Cream Day, which if you ask me is a great reason to celebrate. When it comes to ice cream, I usually buy vanilla and make my own creations. It's always fun rummaging through my cupboards looking for new combinations. Here are a few of my favorites.

Caramel Crunch
caramel syrup topped with Rice Krispies

PB and Banana
a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter mixed into ice cream and topped with sliced bananas

Key Lime Pie
key lime juice (remember a little bit goes a long way!) mixed with ice cream and topped with crushed graham crackers and whipped topping.

S'more
chocolate syrup over crushed graham crackers and mini marshmallows

Funky Monkey
chocolate syrup topped with sliced bananas, peanuts and coconut

Celebrate National Ice Cream Day by making your own creation, and if you have a favorite ice cream creation, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...